Friday, January 9, 2009

On the Road.....

Headed Westward.  I am on my way to a place close to the CrossFit Promiseland.  On my way to help out at a CrossFit Level 1 Cert. in San Diego.  I'm enjoying the last rest day of a 10-day rest period.  I didnt exactly stay away from the CrossFit W.O.D.'s.  I did a couple W.O.D.'s mainly playing with gymnastics and met. con.  I just figured I would take a break before I begin my official preparation to the CrossFit Qualifiers.  If you have been keepin' up you should know that my boy Hildie and I will be attending the CrossFit Qualifiers for the 2009 Games.  It's gonna be a brutal battle and we are gonna have to train hard.  With that in mind, I have decided to resume CrossFit HQ's W.O.D.'s.  As we all know NO ONE can beat Coaches programming.   I also know that all the top finishers in the Games follow HQ's program.  I am gonna make a few changes to what HQ prescribes.  I am gonna add to the prescribed weight.  If HQ prescribes Michael, then I will execute Michael with a weighted vest.  If HQ prescribes Diane, then I will execute Diane with a weighted vest and deadlift 275 lbs.  You get the picture.  I am also gonna supplement the program with 6 weeks of Powerlifting, next supplement with Oly Lifts, and wrap it up with Met. Con.  I hope this is a successful formula.  

My Diet will remain the same.  I am still on 20 blocks (100 blocks of fat) and will jump to 22 in two weeks.  Yes I did stay at 20 for a month.  I was gaining mass, at 20 blocks, but can't stop till I hit 165lbs.  Im at 154 lbs.  Its hard to eat all that but I will have to suck it up.  I should hit my weight in about 6 weeks.  Wish me luck.


5 comments:

Ev said...

Good luck to both you and Hildie! I have faith that you too will make it because ya'll rock! Way to represent El Paso at the CrossFit Qualifiers for the 2009 Games!

Diocito said...

Good job David!

You guys are inspiring. I'd like to improve my metcon workouts in 2009 and then maybe go for a Level 1 cert later in the year.

David Peregrino

Ev said...

What is metcon?

Diocito said...

Hi Ev

Metcons are the "metabolic conditioning" workouts like Fran that send your heart rate through the roof. Or as someone put it on the CrossFit discussion boards: "The metcons are the ones where you want to puke, and lay around for a while on the floor afterwards." or

1. High Heart Rate
2. Simultaneous Use of Many Muscles
3. Continuous Movement
4. Short to Medium Time (5-30 min)

and the best way to tell if your doing a metcon workout.....

YOU'LL KNOW IT !!!

Ev said...

Diocito, thanks! Based on your description, it sounds like we do met con workouts majority of the time because I always feel like puking and lay around after most workouts!

Once again, thanks!