Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Back in the Sun City

Its good to be back.  Some of my colleagues and I took a short trip to Las Vegas to get coached by one of the best POSE Running Coaches in the world.  Even though that is my opinion I truly believe it is a fact.  After hours/days of drills and technique I was able to improve my running efficiency and speed.  It was a great cert.  My love and admiration for CrossFit, the community and its coaches increases more and more every time I go out of town and partake in a Cert. (as a trainee and trainer).  Its an egalitarian society were you a re greeted with friendship and support.  Not to mention the knowledge one acquires when attending the specialty certs.  It gets me fired up.  I mean the coaches conducting the certs have so much to teach and they do it well.  They are truly the best of the best.  I love attending these things.

The POSE method is definitely a much more efficient way of running.  If you disagree then I guess you can continues spending hundreds of dollars on orthotics, expensive shocks, and start saving for some sort of surgical procedures.  The POSE method teaches us that we should not heel strike, push ourselves of the ground, or run bent at the waist.  Of course there is much more to it, and we at CrossFit El Paso would love to teach anyone who is interested.  If you suffer from shin splints, IT Band Syndrome, Plantar Fascitis, Calf Strains, then you are not running correctly.  I suggest you join us.

For More info on CrossFit Running and Endurance hit up crossfitendurance.com.

If you are training or want to train for a marathon, ultramarathon, triathlon, etc.  let us help

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi David,

Congrats on the cert!

Looking forward to learning about POSE running. I'm going to take a stab at some duathlons and triathlons this summer, so I'll need any help I can get!

I need to get me an El Paso Crossfit T-shirt so I can represent EFS at the races :-D

David

Zacariah Hildenbrand said...

David,

I definately need help with my run. I want to get my sprint down to when the 2012 Olympics role around I can enter the 100m and also dominate gymnastics.

Hildie

rick g said...

david
to all who do or want to take up multi sports, the crossfit endurance theory works for the bike and the swim as well, so come into crossfitelpaso and get your workouts programmed.

ride on
rick g
crossfit el paso trainer
running endurance certified

Anonymous said...

Congrats David!

You might remember that I told you that I got orthotics for my shin splints a couple of months ago.

They have helped, but now I see that method is more important. I would like to learn to run better.

Could you give me pointers some time?

Ruku